Simple icing recipe and step by step instructions to decorate cakes and cupcakes in a flash!
- 4½oz unsalted butter
- 7oz powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Food coloring (optional)
1. Put the butter into a large bowl, then work it with a wooden spoon or electric whip to make a cream
2. Slowly add the sugar, making sure it forms no lumps
3. Add the vanilla extract and, slowly, the milk.
4. Use a wooden spoon to stir well until all the ingredients are well amalgamated in a shiny cream
5. Add food coloring if needed.
Use to decorate your creation!
Allow butter to warm to room temperature before adding to your bowl.
Always wait for your cake or cupcake to be cool before adding the icing or it will melt away!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 80Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 0g
Nutrition values are an estimate and are not always accurate. Use as a guideline only.
If you have a Thermomix at home, you may want to try our Thermomix buttercream icing recipe